Friday, April 17, 2020

week 3 English

This week we would like you to complete section one of the reading paper provided in your pack.

Alongside this we would like you to complete a diary entry, telling us what you have been getting up to and your feelings about your experiences. You have written brilliant diaries in school but the link below will support you how to write your diary.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/how-do-I-write-a-successful-diary/z4h9y9q

Please find below an example diary that we have written previously - you may write one each night about your day or make notes each night to then write one by the end of the week.

Dear Diary,                       
What a day! Firstly, I had to go and pick the class up from the playground, which I really didn’t want to do as I knew that the class would be in an unconventional line and cackling like witches! Guess what? I was right! There they were, pleased as ever, rattling on about what they did last night.
Anyway, luckily after that I started to relish my day and the class did really well with their descriptive writing, amazing me with their vocabulary - even James managed a smile! Sometimes miracles do happen!

Even though I thought the class couldn’t get any better, we then had a really productive maths lesson, on multiplication, where the children are stepping up to the challenge and being really honest about their learning – honestly they never cease to amaze me with their brilliance!

Later on that afternoon, Mrs CCJ had a fantastic Art lesson and all the children created some extremely impressive Clarice Cliff images.  

At the end of the day Mrs Rogers and I prepared for the week ahead and couldn’t believe that we had a productive session! It was so calm and peaceful even Mr Newsome was quiet! I was dead pleased and that made me leave work with a grin like a Cheshire cat…until I got home to find that Mr Roberts had left the pots in the sink! One word…USELESS!

However, I eventually cheered up when I finally managed to have a sit down and watch my favourite soaps; Home and Away, Emmerdale and Holby City. 


Unfortunately though, I’m so tired I just can’t write anymore, so until tomorrow diary I’m going to have to say night night.






3 comments:

  1. Hi, which reading paper are you referring to please?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, there should be a SATs practise reading paper in the pack which was sent home with the children. There will be a booklet with 3 different texts in and a booklet with the questions in, split into 3 sections.

    Hope this is some help.

    Mrs Rodgers

    ReplyDelete