Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Word problem Wednesday

Solve the following problems in your book. Think about the important information in the problem and what steps need to be taken in order to solve it.

1. Damien had 16 stickers. His Mum gave him 12 more. He then gave half to his brother. How many did he have left?

2. The area of a rectangular field is 96m².  The length of one side is 12m.  The farmer needs to know its perimeter to work out how much fencing will be needed?

3. I have read 213 pages of my 1004 page book.  How many pages must I read until I reach the middle?

4. I buy 6 CDs costing £6.99.  How much change do I get from £50?

5. I bought a card costing £1.76 and a chocolate bar costing 63p.  There was a 10% sale that day.  How much did I spend?


Always sometimes, never?

Are the following statements always true, sometimes true or never true?

How do you know?




What about these more complex statements?




No comments:

Post a Comment